Tuesday 12 April 2016

Tweet, tweet!

I had renewed interest in Web 2.0 (especially  blogs, and twitter) since our last class about Altmetrics. Initially, I signed up for a twitter account a few years ago out of pure curiosity and I seldom  paid any attention to twitter until last year when I followed the #feesmustfall campaign. However, during the last week I became an active tweeter and I am learning something new everyday. I have professionalized my twitter page and started following people and topics of interest, such as Altmetrics, digital curation, research and of course the subject areas for which I am responsible in our academic library.

I came across some very interesting articles such as Laura Czerniewicz's article on How do students access the resources they need? Survey finds only one in five obtain all resources legally, which I might have found useful for my essay on Generation Y students. Needless to say, my knowledge base has expanded significantly during this course, both academically and on a professional level. I have added my twitter page to my libguides which means I have to keep up to date with publications and news in my departments.

I found this interesting blog with information on how to professionalize your social media while trying to increase twitter engagement.


© 2014 Zakeena. Licensed under CC-BY

Looking forward to tonight's class. I might just tweet about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment